Thursday, March 24, 2011

Moving on and Baby Steps

Erin is still stable and resting. As this progresses I am coming to the realization that I will progress along with Erin. Tonight will be the last night staying here in the Brent House Hotel. I am ready to "hold down the fort" at home until Erin makes it home.
Due to everyone's generosity there will be "credit" upon my checkout. If this isn't credited back to those who gave please rest assured that it will either be returned or held on to for Erin's recovery costs. Thank you again for the outpouring if love, prayers, hugs, and generosity. I think we are all figuring this thing out as we go. I have changed so much in the last few days. I think this is how a soldier must feel that trains for years and then is called to combat. You don't really know how you are going to react when you need to but somehow you just do, if that makes any sense.

6 comments:

  1. Dustyn you are a very brave individual, and Erin would expect nothing less from you. You are her hero in many ways, much like a soldier! If there is anything you need, please don't ever hestitate to ask. Erin was always there for all of us, and we all want to be there for the two of you!

    Love always,

    Ava

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think sleeping in your own bed is really going to help recharge your batteries. You need to take care of yourself and stay healthy. Erin is going to need you strong to help with her recovery.

    Know that we are here if you need us. We love you two.

    Kieffer

    ReplyDelete
  3. this will be great for you.you are doing awesome and will need your rest also. just wanted to share the quote that is the background on my phone
    You never know how strong you are until being strong is the ONLY choice you have
    lets sing again tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dustyn you are an inspiration, and I know Erin would want you to be comfortable. I'm sure it will be difficult to not be as close to her room, but you are always close to her heart. If you need anything at anytime, we are right next door. Kieffer is right. You need to get your rest and take care of yourself so you can be there for her. You are doing great. Stay strong!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dustyn, I look at the blog each evening to see if there is any news on Erin. I love that you take the time to post on here for all of us that love you guys. Take care of yourself. Brandon and I are heading that way maybe next weekend. Need to give you a big hug and we are rooting for Erin. She is a tough chick. You need anything...please let us know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there-we are praying our butts off for Erin but saying just as many for YOU too. We love you and are amazed at your strength and love for our girl.

    ReplyDelete