Saturday, April 9, 2011

Saturday 4/9 Update

Yesterday we received some great news. Erin was accepted into Touro Hospital's Neuro Rehabilitation program. They felt that her age and prognosis is good and she can benefit more, the earlier they get her in. This may happen as early as Monday. She remains unconscious, but they start with the very basics, sitting her up and moving her around and build from there. This stimulation will help push her along.
Today when I came in nurse Tiffany and nurse Mandy already had her in her chair sitting up. Its great to see her out of the bed. I hope everyone has a great weekend. Here's a picture of Erin and Jennifer on one of Florida's best beaches.





6 comments:

  1. GREAT NEWS!!!!! Let's get this show on the road!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fantastic!!! Erin will be in good hands. My Uncle is Dr. Gary Glynn... he heads up that unit so she will likely be seeing him quite a bit if she hasn't seen him a few times already. He does a wonderful job and is very caring. That whole unit there is exceptional!
    My family continues to pray for you guys daily. Keep looking up - Erin is one tough cookie and has phenomenal support!
    Much love,
    Amy Streckfus Bryson & family

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is wonderful news!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kept wondering if you would go there but didn't feel the need to put my 2 cents. My brother did his rehab on that unit and I know several people who work there. I'm looking forward to the great progress that she will make there. Congrats on the next big step. Touro is phenominal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great news! Good luck to Erin in this big next step. Very exciting and hopefully it will be very successful. Thinking of you all.

    best,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete