Wednesday, June 22, 2011

June 22nd Update

 Erin isn't doing too hot. She had a CT scan yesterday to try and determine what is going on. Erin is having some swelling in her head from a build up of excess cerebral spinal fluid CSF. She will go to Ochsner's main hospital tomorrow and be seen by her original neurosurgeon. Hopefully it is a simple adjustment of her VP shunt. She is sick and hopefully we will have an idea of what is going on tomorrow.
 Everything is coming along nicely to get Erin moved home in the next couple of weeks. One can only imagine the process it is to make a home ready to take care of someone in Erin's condition. I still have a ton to figure out about giving Erin the proper care that she requires. It seems like end up repeating the phrase,"I'll figure it out" about 20 times a day. Heck, it has worked so far so I will just let that be my motto for now. Thankfully with a little help I have been able to get almost all of Erin's 'big" medical equipment lined-up so that is one less worry. I must say that I have had really good luck navigating the insurance speed bumps to get these things done efficiently.
 I have been told that this is a series of peaks and valleys but it sure seems to be more valleys than peaks lately. Erin and I were supposed to have spent the last week at a beach house we had rented, it seems like that those plans were in a different life and in a way I guess it was. Things have changed and plans get canceled, that is life. I am okay with that. Tomorrow is a new day and with it a new set of challenges. I'll figure it out.    

6 comments:

  1. Let us know what the doctor says please. We are praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another hurdle for you both, and you will both get thru this one too. Team work!! I have the names of 2 ladies that I highly recommend to sit with Erin when she comes home, anytime that you may need them. As always I am praying to get our girl back to us, so keep the faith!!!! Love yall
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Update. Erin was seen by Dr. Smith. She has enlarged ventricles due to a build up of CSF. The doctor adjusted the shunt and hopes that the swelling will subside. She will go back to see him for a follow-up CT scan next Thursday. Hopefully this works. Thank you for the prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many people you do not even know are praying for you and your beautiful wife every single day - -

    ReplyDelete
  5. Casey Fisher MorelJune 23, 2011 at 9:36 PM

    My prayers are with you..not many young spouses go through what you are experiencing. I was there at age 24 and nobody can imagine how difficult it is. Stay strong for her!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dustyn, you're amazing, and I don't use that word often or lightly. Erin has the best husband/friend looking out for her/taking care of her. I'm proud to know you. You are and always will be in my thoughts and prayers. May God keep you strong.

    ReplyDelete