Wednesday, June 29, 2011

June 29th Update

 Everything is coming together for Erin's move home. It looks like I will get her home late next week if everything goes well. She continues to have some swelling and the doctors are aware and monitoring it. All of Erin's home health equipment was delivered and set up yesterday. I was going to try and set up a bed in the room with her, but I'm not quite sure there is enough room. I'll figure it out. I was joking with someone, I feel like goldilocks I've slept in every bed in my house trying to pick out the best one. My dogs are super confused I keep changing bedrooms.  
 The contractor is moving along nicely he has done many renovations for the handicapped and is very well versed in what needs to be done in ordered to make the home more accessible. I just can't get interested in any aspect of it, other than functionality. He asks what color and I just shrug and tell him to pick one. Thanks for all the offers of help on the renovations, I just can't organize anything, I just needed someone to do the whole deal turn-key, kinda quickly too.

4 comments:

  1. Just a quick note to tell you that there are many strangers like me who are praying for you and Erin. You sound like a wonderful man whose heart is filled with love for your beautiful Erin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news Dustyn. Can't wait to see her at home. Bet she can't wait too. Love yall.
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also one of those strangers. I heard about you and Erin thru one of her students mom. I live in San Diego, but my heart is there with you guys often. I just wanted to let you know that there are many of us out here pulling for you, Erin and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I check this blog everyday and am regularly inspired by the love and strength that Erin's family has. I am sure that this ordeal is quite overwhelming at times but please know that there are many of us out here not only praying for Erin's recovery but for strength for you Dustyn, for her parents, her siblings, her girlfriends, her doctors and burses, and all this that care for and are caring for Erin. It's very inspiring to see the grace and strength with which you are all handling this situation. Gods continued care and blessings on you all.

    ReplyDelete