Friday, July 15, 2011

July 15th Update

 Erin has been home for 8 days now and we are getting into a routine. Erin is stable the swelling comes and goes. Thanks to the friends and family who have come by and offered a helping hand or just sat and talked or shared a beer. Our house revolves around Erin's schedule and that fluctuates day to day.  Although it was a little intimidating at first I am confident that with some help I can handle it for awhile. Erin is in good hands during the day as her nurse is getting into the groove of managing her care during the day. I am looking forward to my Mom, Sister, and Nephew coming in for a visit this weekend. My Mom has never hesitated to jump right in and help out and I will be grateful to have her spending the weekend.  

4 comments:

  1. I think Erin is happy to be home!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear things are getting into a groove. I know being at home must provide you and her some peace:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hay you'll, I hope things are going well . was just sitting here thinking about you'll, let us know how things are going, Linda Ray

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been following this blog, since I heard about your story from a friend. I work in the DME business and have a customer who we provide supplies to,as a teenager he sustained a TBI a couple of years ago from an auto accident. I speak with the mother quite often because she inspires me so much with her up beat attitude. I spoke with her this morning and she was giving me some updated info about his progress since he has started HBOT, I told her about Erin's story and she made me promise her to give you a website and the name of Dr. Paul Harch in Marrero at Family Physicians Center regarding the HBOT therapy. He wrote a book called the Oxygen Revolution.While I am sure you have received much information and all of it is overwhelming, I felt that she was so insistent on me passing the information along that I had to honor that wish. She said if you needed a network or someone to talk to, to hear first hand she would love to speak with you, my email is slacombe@pcgmed.com, and I can give you all of her contact information.
    As I am sure you already know, you both have touched many of lives and are in so many thoughts and prayers.
    http://www.hbot.com/faq

    ReplyDelete